Northland Mechanical is always in pursuit of top industry talent. If you think you are ready to work for a market leader we would love to hear from you.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, this individual will manage construction, engineering and performance contracting projects to successful completion, as well as provide technical and engineering leadership to staff. They will be responsible for project safety, quality, budget and schedule performance. The successful candidate will develop a dynamic team environment by mentoring and coaching colleagues. This person will actively support business development by preparing proposals, meeting with clients, and conveying those traits that uniquely differentiate Northland Mechanical in our market. Our ideal candidate is a creative design engineer with relevant experience in multiple mechanical trades and a deep passion for the industry.
Design & Estimating
• Create design/build estimates for mechanical projects that include pipefitting, plumbing and sheet metal trades
• Teach and mentor Project Managers and Asst. Project Managers
• Apply current industry best practices and methodologies
• Apply knowledge of building codes and work methods
• Forecasting hours and scheduling labor
• Communicating to Foremen clearly, consistently and in a timely manner
Safety & Quality
• Ensure that all Supervisors, crew members and subcontractors have/receive proper training to perform assigned work tasks
• Perform safety audits and hold crew members for their jobsite safety performance
• Develop and implement quality control/quality assurance methods
• Develop and nurture existing client relationships to maximize project opportunities
• Actively seek new business opportunities
• Generate project proposals and provide project peer reviews
• Adopt, present and encourage a culture of continuous improvement, transparency, accountability, and integrity
• Perpetuate our Core Values and culture in a positive and productive manner
• Deliver projects in a manner that exceeds customer expectations and meets or exceeds profitability goals
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar
• 10+ years of progressive mechanical project management experience
• Demonstrated success cultivating new and developing existing client relationships
• Mastery level understanding of construction and mechanical industry best practices, processes, standards, codes, regulations.
• Experience directing teams of trades utilizing proven project management techniques and work flow
• In-depth experience preparing pipefitting estimates
• High computer literacy including the use of job-estimating software, with the ability to learn/master new platforms quickly
• Experience preparing plumbing and sheet metal estimates
• Trimble Field Link proficiency
• Sage 300 CRE proficiency
Excellent Compensation Package
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
• Six paid Company holidays
• Generous Paid Time Off program
• Monday-Friday work week
• Medical, Dental and Vision benefits available
Northland Mechanical Contractors, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Our employees are our most important assets. Below are just a few of the benefits that our employees receive.